Friday, June 24, 2011

Cherry Fest!

Well, yesterday began the first day of the cherry festival! Alike the woolfest, there is a ton of food, crafts, and music. But, they also have rides! Here at Alpha, they sell acai, tapioca, and orange juice. I've made orange juice the past two days...and today I sliced my finger with a big butcher's knife that I was using to cut open oranges. Anyway, last night I got to go to the festival...it was a lot of fun. I had acai w/ condescend milk, a chocolate churro ( the brazilians fill their churros with chocolate so it's even better ;), fanta laranga, and what looks like it would be peanut butter and chocolate fudge...doce de leite (too bad it wasn't real fudge). Tonight I might try the tapioca with cheese...I'm not so sure though because I'm not a fan of tapioca pudding. haha Anyway, the festival was a lot of fun. The only bad thing about it is having to walk...after you eat all the food, a 30 minute walk back home is not fun. haha

Over the past couple days I've been cleaning out more rooms. Once all this stuff is organized and labeled, it will be easy for them to move stuff around and get ready to reopen the school later. After the school closed a couple years ago, teachers just left all their stuff here...while it was all moved into one room, some of it got flooded, along with their records and receipts here. So that's basically what I've been sorting through. It's a little tougher to organize things here than back at home because if I was to put my room together at school or something, I would go to walmart to buy organizers...but here, no. Take what you can get...and that makes it a little difficult. haha

Well, I guess this was a pretty boring post. I'll probably not be able to walk after this festival is over. After making orange juice for 5 hours today, I took a nap and didn't want to get up. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment