Thursday, June 30, 2011

Last week...

Well...I'm officially in my last week here in Brazil. The Cherry Fest was a lot of fun! I think the Woolfest needs to invest in having Churros....Kim, if you read this, then get working on that, if not, then I'll remind you in Sunday School. haha They also have rides...fast rides, which were a lot of fun. I think the group's both with Acai, tapioca, and orange juice did pretty well. I sure don't want to make an orange juice anytime soon. haha The tapioca with cheese was pretty good, too! It was like a sweet version of a cheese quesodilla (or however it is spelt).

Anyway, church went well on Sunday. There was a little drop in attendance, but that's common when there is some festival in town, right? ;) This week I've continued to organize a few more rooms, and been helping a few kids with their English. I think it's pretty funny that one of them can speak it really well, but can't read it. Another one can read it almost perfectly, but doesn't understand much. Too bad you can't just combine the two. haha

While cleaning out the Pastor's office, I've got to see a lot of cool books. It's surprising to see what all you might find with the mixture between Portugues and English books. There's also a lot of things that have church names on it. I don't know if that means that they have been here, or maybe the family here has traveled to those churches, but there's a lot from Kentucky! I've also been able to look at old newspapers that have things from the beginning of Alpha Omega, which is pretty cool.

If you're my friend on facebook, you can check out my pictures! I finally added about half of them! I still need to get some good pics of the library, and of the people who work in it. There's a mom and daughter that work there. The daughter (who's 22) sits at a desk an inputs all the books into the computer to get them accounted for, and the mom keeps the library under control. They still need a little more money to complete the library and make it more family/user friendly. But all in all, it's coming together pretty well.

I guess that's all for this post. OH! But some have asked about what I've been eating. They've had beef everyday, and I don't eat that. So either Fatima (Kelly, Katia, Camilia and Totohno's mom) or Zetty from the kitchen has made me chicken, eggs, or potatoes each day to go with my rice. After a week, Zetty noticed that I was only eating rice, so they've made sure I've had something to eat! haha Also, if you remember, I had nose surgery a couple months ago. My nose is still hard a swollen, but I'm pretty sure it's lost about 3 or more sizes size I've been gone. Hopefully I'm still recognizable when I return the to states ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment