Saturday, June 18, 2011

Clean, Clean, Clean!

My mom knows that is my favorite word. Actually, I just hate that word when it's combined with "your room" or "your car".  haha Anyway, I finished cleaning out the big room...power washing the walls, ceiling, and floor. Actually, the water got a little low when it was time to do the floor, so GiGi and I scrubbed it real hard to get the dirt up, and then mopped it. The room looks very bright and clean now!

Yesterday, I worked on cleaning out a closet that originally for Odali's tools and fishing equipment. But, it had recently become used for many other things, too. So I got the room all emptied out and Kathy helped sort through the stuff they needed in there, or for another room, or was just trash. We found a hillbilly golf game shoved in the corner of the closet! They didn't know what it was, so I showed them how to play. They are excited to be able to use it for church in the morning with the children!

Other than cleaning everything, at nights we've gone to see an American  youth group from Ohio. They are working in the city and at nights they have been at a gym, and everyone comes to play basketball, volleyball, and soccer. The other night, they also had a little worship service there as well. It was pretty cool. It's also neat to see the other side of a mission trip. Not being with a group, but being able to watch a group and see how they work together. It's also cool to be on the other side watching their programs...I think they said they've had about 100-200 people a day make decisions for Christ. They've been doing school programs, camps, and evening sports programs (which I've gone to a couple times).

Well, I don't have too much to say, other than Brazil is still great! I'm a little tired, so I'm sure this post probably isn't the best! haha One day I'll get pictures up, but I did put a couple on facebook that I took with my phone the other day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment